2008-07-11

一年


Date: July 11, 2008

Location: Hsinchu, Taiwan


Time flies so fast. I can’t believe that one year has passed. I flew to Palau on July 11 last year and launched my one-year-adventure in this tropical island. I didn’t know where Palau is located. I had no ideas about the island which is nicknamed as “Rainbows End” before my plane landed there. I just know I was going to take an adventure in a to-me-unknown country.


That night I flew into the one runway international airport of Palau. I didn’t know anyone on the island. All I had with me was courage. I chose another lifestyle other than a common one. Everything started with that night in the airport. A secretary of Taiwan embassy and two staff members of Palau Community College came to the airport to pick me up. They were sparkles which brought me more and more friends into my life in Palau. So many great friends and so much warm friendship that made me hard to leave this beautiful island after serving one year there.


Nine days has flown away since I left the great island full of marvelous memories, high and low. Now I am sitting in my best friends’ coffee shop in Hsinchu Taiwan. I seem to see the sky as blue as deep oceans and clouds as white as snow and as soft as cotton balls. I can see the blue and clear ocean with rock islands dotting around. I can see the great smile from my great friend---Polo.


Well, I have to admit today is the day I miss Palau a lot. I miss my great friends.



【Illustration】My humorous friend - Polo with that squid ring in Dragon Tei which is our favorite restaurant in town.

No comments: